We provide a variety of technical services on-demand or as part of a larger, long-term project.
- Make tools or find them
- Ideate/prototype form factor
- Identify technical constraints
- Take concept to solution
- Seek/advocate for new tools
- Get your preliminary data faster
- 3D design and prototyped parts
- 2D parts: acrylic, wood, vinyl, etc.
- Electronics design, assembly, & testing
- Flexible/exotic material manufacturing
- Embedded coding (Arduino, MATLAB, C)
- Training: you can do it!
If you think you will use the Hub often, Membership has a variety of advantages that eliminate hourly billing.
Our shop has over 700 sq. ft. of working space and tooling with a wide range of capabilities.
- Vevor T926A Reflow Oven
- Saleae Logic Pro 8
- Soldering: general purpose & rework
- FLIR ONE Edge Pro Thermal Imager
- Power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters, vector network analyzer
- UV Laser for in-house PCB/exotic substrate cold ablation manufacturing
We have state-of-the-art electronics capabilities. We strongly believe that smaller electronic platforms that utilize flexible or exotic substrates will allow our community to address new and exciting problems across organisms.
For larger projects, we may recommend utilizing third-party assembly services and can help make those connections.
We cover a wide range of material capabilities from ≥25µm bio-compatible 3D printing to laser cutting large acrylic stock (up to 0.25″) or laser engraving metals.
For large-footprint or projects using metal, we will likely refer you to the Instrument Machine Shop.
Note, some of our capabilities require specialized, extensive training. This is to increase the longevity of our assets and provide a safe working environment. It is best to Get in Touch if you have questions.
What we don’t
We take pride in finding a way, but there are certain things we will generally say “no” to. They include:
- n >> 50 parts
- Handle large part ordering/inventory
- Debug existing software or open IT tickets
- Cut/sand wood (due to dust)
You must Request Training before scheduling equipment; all members are required to use the schedule. After selecting your piece of equipment below, you will choose a calendar based on your membership level. Excessive no-shows may compromise membership status—we thank you for being responsible stewards of our time and yours!
Not working? Try visiting https://neurotechhub.as.me/